The much awaited e-Passport (ePassport) has been launched in Bangladesh. Introduction of this e-passport to make it easier for people to travel and secure the necessary information. The e-passport will reduce the suffering of passengers and allow them to apply for a long-term passport.
Anyone can apply for different term e-passport online subject to fulfillment of conditions. You can apply by clicking on the official link of e-passport below.
Here are 5 steps to follow when applying for an e-passport online:
- Since e-passport facility cannot be introduced in the whole of Bangladesh at once, it is being introduced in phases. At the beginning of the application, select your nearest passport office to see if you can apply for e-passport.
- If you have e-passport facility, fill the application form with the required information.
- Pay the fee online at the end of the application according to your passport.
- Complete the biometric step at the passport office with the required documents on the next scheduled date.
- You will receive sms notification when your passport is completed within the stipulated date. Then collect your passport by providing the required documents.
Details can be seen from the official website.